Heel Pain Prevention
Preventing heel pain is easy when you follow a few simple guidelines. By utilizing certain steps you can ensure optimal health for the heel and foot. These steps may include:
- 1. Wearing shoes that fit correctly and replacing them when they become worn.
- 2. Wearing shoes that are appropriate for the activity you are performing.
- 3. Stretching properly before you do any type of exercise.
- 4. Not exercising through heel pain; stop immediately if you notice any discomfort.
- 5. Maintaining an optimal weight through proper diet and exercise.
- 6. Avoiding walking in bare feet, on uneven surfaces, and on rocks.
Any pain you may feel in the foot or heel that lasts longer than a month should be addressed by a Podiatric doctor.
They have been trained in the diagnosis and treatment of foot conditions and can help you retain the health and wellness of you feet. By following these simple guidelines you can ease or even prevent heel pain.
MORE ON HEEL PAIN